Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Greek Masterpieces from the Louvre

Woah I must say that the museum trip was one truly refreshing experience.

The newly renovated National Museum of Singapore looks pretty cool! And it's even more awesome that they're displaying works from the Louvre (yes, that super-famous musuem in Paris that a certain Dan Brown talked about in his novel.)

They're mostly sculptures, vases or weird stone tablets. Overall the exhibition's generally pretty good. Oh and they provided foldable chairs for people to sit on as they sketched! :D Bonus point: All Nanyang students get free admission, the school's some member of who-knows-what. Go if you have free time!

Sadly we were supposed to make 2 drawings but I didn't even complete one. I was sketching Venus. There was this passer-by lady who praised me and I was like :D:D:D so flattered. Heh. I haven't even touched my piece of charcoal ._.

After that went to Bugis for dinner. Pepper Lunch is nice o: Yes I know it's been invading Singapore's shopping malls since 2006 but I am the kind who wants to try stuff but ends up being too lazy to.

Got a nice BIG F6-sized green sketchbook that would last me long (I hope). Went home afters, sat in front of the computer and typed this post. Well toodles.

P.S. The Chinese teacher's favourite phrase is 有没有.





<< Home