Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Things I really DON'T understand

Today I shall once again mock the lives of teenyboppers.

There's a lot of random things that I know about. I know that 马英九is winning by a landslide. I know that Bart Simpson is allergic to shrimp (Prawn, whatever you call it. Tomato Tomahto.) and heck, I even know what ActionScript 3.0 is. (Actually, it's just the platform you use on Flash. Aha.)

BUT I do not understand these random strings of words that girls enjoy putting together. Believe me, these are the most fortuitous phrases you will ever read (ALL OF THE FOLLOWING ARE REAL EXAMPLES TAKEN OFF MSN NICKNAMES):

1) Lovestruck voodoo dolls and a shimmering disco ball
2) ragdolls&carousels
3) acid tears and medicine (from same person as 2)
4) &let love spin you round and round
5) rusticDREAMS

.............. Seriously.

SERIOUSLY.

I don't see how dolls are related to disco balls OR carousels. Okay fine, maybe you buy a ragdoll at a fair... that has carousels. Whatever. Then explain 'acid tears and medicine'. What, you're crying hydrochloric acid (which by the way is found in your stomach. ... nevermind.) as you swallow your antibiotics? #4 waltzes/cha-chas/discos with love. Hmm, interesting. I wonder if love sits next to you in class too. And #5 is the most ridiculous. How in the world can DREAMS be RUSTIC? Excuse me while I slap my forehead 5 times.

---

A. Lit today was extremely slack-y. We didn't do anything except watch Johnny English (:D). Rowan Atkinson is hilarious I tell you. A Modest Proposal (by Jonathan Swift) looks plain silly and boring.

General Art students are going to the National Museum of Singapore tomorrow to view the Greek exhibition thing. I can't say I'm excited but it beats sitting in the classroom for 2 hours staring at/drawing kettles and dolls and wooden masks. ._.

Well Chinese New Year's coming in 3 weeks. I'll go back to TNS and see if the teachers have donned yet another hairstyle.





<< Home