Tuesday, April 01, 2008

A 59/60 Essay

Need to write a quick philosophical essay? Get ideas here. Done in the style of aleck-cum-gabraman (please don't ask me for anymore synonyms).

"Saya mahu makan.

Saya mahu makan..."

The above statement expresses longing, but foretells a result of inevitable tragedy. Discuss.


---

This thought-invoking extract sparks off a chain reaction of thoughts going about in my head, swirling incessantly, piecing together an extremely sophisticated network of information that gives me an idea of what kind of pain the author is going through.

Based on my contextual knowledge, humans need to eat food in order to survive. I understand the statement as a cry for food, a yearn for the satisfaction of one's hunger. I interpret this with a unique and different perspective, by assuming the mentioned "food" as material comfort, and Man's desperate and fervent pursuit for it.

People desire for many substantial things that I personally view as superfluous, such as cash, cars, condos, credit cards and country club memberships. However, when I was young, I was taught by my parents that these are not important as long as one had a heart.

We will survive, only with the reassurance of surgeons and doctors that heart transplants will always be readily available. Without our heart, how would we live? We would not have strong muscles to involuntarily pump blood through its chambers and around our body,

Therefore, I simply conclude that I agree that this statement speaks of one who seeks something that will not prevent tragedy.





<< Home