Thursday, August 14, 2008

Rrr.

Good job, 309 debaters (: For once our class is actually winning something .__.

---

I've noticed an ugly truth about internet users.

People tend to keep praises to themselves, and insults are carefully reserved solely for the internet. In other words, anything that's awesome is hardly mentioned. Criticism? Galore.

No, don't mistake me, I'm not a hypocrite who criticises and then critisises criticism. Criticism is wonderful. Criticism fuels improvement. Criticism makes the world go round.

But how often would anonymous readers agree with what you say because you make sense? How often, then, do people lash or 'flame' you when you make a remark that personally offends them?

I once made a remark that a class sang loudly, accompanied by blaring music, to an unpopular (and perhaps popular in other dimensions) tune as they prepared for a performance. And I was not pleasant about it.

I found it offensive how they blasted soundtracks at the maximum volume the speakers could handle, and shouted at the top of their lungs during lessons.

I found it even more offensive that they couldn't accept the cold hard truth, that they did not sing well. What kind of singer/performer, may I ask, does not accept criticism? Well, you might say the poorest of celebrities, but I'd say no one. That's because they won't even become artistes if you can't handle a thumbs-all-the-way-down.

Would they be appeased if I said "OMG! XXX was singing just now and it was like so nice. Like omg la. I can't get the song outta my head now <3"?

Well good luck, because that's going to happen in seconds.

In another dimension.





<< Home