Thursday, October 16, 2008

I need to stick to home-packed food for the next 3 years...

To pay off my debts (my mum) for the tickets. S:

Yes, I bought $90 worth of tickets in two weeks. But no guilt felt, because it's worth it (I hope)!

Anyway, I'm looking for a dialect tutor! Conversational Cantonese or Teochew or Hokkien. (: Hong Kong dramas don't work because I keep reading the subtitles in the end. I can pretty much understand what people say but I can't utter a proper sentence. .__.

---

The cast and crew of Boom (:
From Chermaine Ang's blog (front row, 3rd from right). She had to pull off multiple roles and crazily quick costume changes, and seemed to do so with such ease O: I love her cantonese auntie role, she totally reminded me of my aunt (who is really very, well, aunty. She hurt her face while playing Wii sports)!

---

I recently chanced upon the soundtrack of Forbidden City: Portrait of an Empress and have a sudden appreciation for Dick Lee's music! I went for the 3rd re-run of the musical in 2006 and it was really impressive. The two record keepers were lovable crowd-pleasers! They're an excellent team with great voices, and you can sense the chemistry through their cheeky dialogue.

M18 content (heck, you're scrolling down anyway):


...


(This is sung but the lyrics are hilarious)
RK 1: A happy emperor, makes a very happy city
RK 2: and a very happy concubine!
RK 1: As everyone could hear,
RK 2: every night,
RK 1: every single night,
RK 2: sometimes twice a night!
RK 1: --Are you sure you've got that right?
Both: For three months!

RK 2: Life is a balance between yang and yin,
RK 1: and to build an emperor's yang, he requires a lot of yin
RK 1: And the best way for that to happen was for him to engage in a lot of ___ with concubines and I mean, a, lot!
RK 2: But without firing his cannon!

Get me to send you the recording. (:





<< Home