Thursday, April 23, 2009

Hi

Block tests are stupid.

I am going to fail chemistry because I can't remember how to do calculations for redox.
I am going to fail math because I didn't really pay attention when the teacher was going through probability and remainder & factor theorem.

NO NO NO MUST NOT FAIL. Maybe I should actually hit the library to study and get some Dilmah lychee tea. (Speaking of which, does anyone know where I can buy those wonderful tea bags? I CANNOT FIND MY DILMAH LYCHEE TEA. Only found apple, pineapple and passion fruit tea. WHYYY)

Okay I am very dizzy.

---

Heh I am not "ellie" on http://www.chinese-orchestra.com/ ._. (free advertising... but it's the only Singapore CO portal anyway)

(Walao he/she/it is old enough to be "not in CO anymore" I AM STILL YOUNG >_>) (Ok no offence if you're "ellie". Eek.)

Yeah, so. Whatever he/she/it says is like, not by me. My username is a lot more stupid (and I don't post on forums).

Anyway, my opinion on the website...

It's quite nice that someone finally created an online platform for CO members all over Singapore. But this website has unfortunately been abused by its users.

Let's cut to the chase. Dear users of CO@SG, PLEASE STOP DEBATING WHETHER TEMASEK/EVERGREEN/ANY OTHER SCHOOL DESERVED GOLD WITH HONOURS OR WHATEVER AWARD THEY GOT.

1) Judges' decision is professional.
2) Judges' decision is final. Complaining doesn't work.
3) SYF is over.
4) Be happier people and talk about more interesting things.

If you really understand the rationale of SYF, it doesn't matter who got what award. Isn't it ironic that people go "it's all about the process, not the prize" then go on some forum to anonymously comment and rave about how "unfair" the results were? If you're good, you're good. If you don't make the cut, sorry, try again.

What's wrong with failing? If you haven't failed, you wouldn't know what success is. NYCO wasn't established a GWH orchestra either. Behind each success is a long story of sheer hard work.

The judges all have no reason to be biased to anyone. They are professional musicians. "Kelong"? Oh, whatever. Do you think any Singaporean is bold enough to even have the intention of "bribing" the judges in any way? What would the judges have to gain from being unfair? And would all FIVE judges be biased unanimously?

Please use the forum for less antagonistic topics. If I am not wrong the website was meant to gather "CO lovers" in one place.

I fear that after the whole SYF saga blows off, this website will become significantly less active. /:





<< Home