Wednesday, June 24, 2009

ramble #5007

I love food a lot. I think I have said this a lot, partly to emphasise it and mostly to explain why two people offer me seats at the same time on the MRT.

I hereby declare fattening food the best food on earth. Vegans, organic farmers and Lee Hsien Loong are gasping, pulling their hair and shrieking in horror. "Our health is important, our HEALTH!!!" Well, screw you! Fat is totally important.

I choose chicken thigh meat over chicken breast meat. Only ang mohs are dumb enough to pay more for drier, flaky meat. Fat makes food taste better.

Once, when my mother was cooking, I peered over her shoulder and went, "The marble of the meat is not nice." Then she smacked me on the head and said, "Shuddup. You think this is what, Wagyu beef ah. Marble marble. You think you're some chef on Channel 16 is it?" Channel 16, by the way, is the Discovery Travel & Living channel -- home of Jamie Oliver, Nigella Lawson and Anthony Bourdain -- aka mostly-food channel.

That aside, all great chefs, not just my mum, agree that fat is awesome.

Now, time to start exercising...

---

Remember how I moaned that I shared my (very rare) birthday with, of ALL people, Mary-Kate and Ashley? Yeah, the ang moh twins that half the girls in primary school worshipped. The twins with the eating disorder and the whole dating-Lance-Armstrong thing going on.

Sad.

Today I learnt that I've the same birthday as another celebrity, yay!

Someone called Aaron Johnson. I don't even know who the hell he is. But he played Charlie Chaplin in some Jackie Chan movie. That (both the fact that he played Chaplin and that he acted in a Jackie Chan film), is cooler/funnier than being an anorexic child star that people used to care about.





<< Home