Sunday, July 05, 2009

Dear Oven,

Dear Oven,

You have been sitting in my kitchen for three years now. It has been three fruitful years, heating up leftovers, roasting poultry and baking bread. We have had so many adventures together, from chaotah brownies to sinful cookies.

Everyone envied me for having such a big beautiful oven. You were covered in gorgeous stainless steel. You could carry up to three racks of whatever I wanted to bake at once. You had the fan function to make baking faster. You had a heatproof glass door and a inbuilt light so I could peek at whatever was happening. You had a clock and an alarm which my maid would use for her morning wake-up call.

Yet, all awesome things must end. Yesterday, you finally succumbed to age (despite your 10-year warrantee). You gave off smoke for no reason. You broke down.

Oven, please work tomorrow so that I can bake more cookies. If you refuse to cooperate, I can only sue your manufacturer and bid you farewell.

Love,
Me

---

Hilarity ensues with the HK relatives...

(Imagine my 35-year-old HK cousin has Singlish accent. He studied here in his secondary school days)

HK cousin: Eh today I called Bengawan Solo to order...
My mum: HUH?! I ordered for you already! The kueh lapis!
HK cousin: ...Shit! I order already!
My mum: Aiya! Shit you!
HK cousin: I din know you order mah...

---

I hate ratamacue )':





<< Home