Thursday, July 09, 2009

Pomo

A scout burst into the room, through the door. "Porcupines!" he shouted.
"Porcupines what?" the Dean asked.
"Thousands and thousands of them. Three miles down the road and coming fast!"
"Maybe they won't enroll," the Dean said. "Maybe they're just passing through."
--"Porcupines at the University"


---

Today we watched a 3D animation in class. It was pretty decent, but halfway through 2D people appeared out of nowhere. It was... absolutely eye-opening.

I do not understand why they animate 2D characters in a 3D film. I very much less understand why they create both 2D and 3D characters in the same scene.

(It is either laziness on the animators' part, or a sad attempt at some subliminal artistic message. I would like to think the former.)

(I would also be pretty freaked out if I met 2D people in real life. Theoretically they wouldn't even be paper-thin because paper has depth...)





<< Home