Thursday, December 31, 2009

2009

And so another 365 days fly past. Now, to bring some closure to this eventful year:

1) School
I suppose I did awake from my almost-eternal trance and studied... just enough to pass. And after much research, insight and fickleness, I might have a bare clue about what to do with my academic future!

2) NYCO
NYCO has been a pleasure to serve and be in! Some rocky roads leave skin-deep injuries, but fortunately nothing is left unhealed. I am proud to say that NYCO has changed my life. (: In terms of music, learning progress has been slow so hopefully 2010 will be a year filled with opportunities to improve! And YQP will always be the best bunch to be with!

My commitment to fencing leaves a lot to be desired; 3 months of lessons have been missed! I need to reconsider my time management to end Coach's nagging. /: As for theatre, my interest and involvement have balanced nicely at a comfortable level, though the occasional... 'starstrike' happens. Hee! Valentia, Emily and Ayla have been recruited into the theatre geek family! (But it's not an empire, really. Really.)

3) People
人有悲欢离合,月有阴晴圆缺。Indeed! The earlier part of the year was pretty rough but thanks to really great friends, I made it to a much more pleasant year end. Learning take-back is to BE BRAVE! (I am a mouse who hides from awkward turtles.) I've learnt to appreciate the deeper side of some people and formed two or three very interesting friendships! :P

4) As a person
To take everything with a pinch of salt. Nothing is more serious than humour! I am slightly more motivated about getting ahead in life. And I am trying to be a kinder person (and trying not to laugh at the prospect)... HAHAHA!

The new decade seems promising!

---

On this note, I think years are a great research topic for the bored. The very last second of the countdown turns 2009 You into 2010 You. The fine line we cross every 365 (and a quarter) days. (It sounds very routine, like that. I wonder what the big deal about it is.)

I am feeling erratic...





<< Home